AvaTax fully integrates with QuickBooks to comprehensively automate the sales tax compliance function. QuickBooks users can ensure compliance, eliminate audit exposure, and remove the burden and costs of research and tax maintenance.
Avalara’s Web-based sales tax automation solution performs all tasks needed to ensure sales tax compliance, end-to-end: street-level address validation, real-time jurisdiction and tax rate research for each transaction for any of the more than 14,000 North American sales tax jurisdictions, seven-step tax calculation (with full consideration for issues such as nexus, taxability, and exceptions), and automatically-generated, pre-populated returns. The transaction-based pricing model means businesses of any size can have enterprise-class capabilities at a price everyone can afford:
• Return On Investment – Ensure compliance, eliminate audit exposure, and remove the burden and costs of research and tax maintenance.
• Comprehensive Calculation – Quickly factor tax jurisdictional issues, exception processing, product processing, split rates and maximum tax. Updates accurately reflecting the most current taxation statutes and tax rates for North America are provided automatically.
• Product Taxability Matrix - Covers thousands of industry-specific products, services, both entity and use-based.
• Remittance Form and Report Platform - Easily accessible user interface and reporting tool provides detailed, summary and exception reports to satisfy statutory tax return requirements.
• Address Validation – CASS-certified for address and deliverability verification. Advanced algorithms parse and re-assemble addresses based on street, city, state, and full zip+4 codes.
• Transaction Detail and Audit Trail – AvaTax provides detailed data for each transaction, including customer/invoice, product, exemptions and data by jurisdiction.
• Automated Tax Returns – Sophisticated selection of required forma, pre-population of tax data for a specified filing period and intelligent calculations within the form.